Ways To Embrace Minimalism And Create A Calm Home Office Space
Eliminate unwanted things from your space, and you invite calmness to your mind!
Minimalism is not about renunciation of things you love; rather, it is a way of living where you simplify your life with the things you want and love the most. It’s a way of decluttering your space and thus inviting calmness to your environment. When you work from home in your own space, it has to be a life with less stress, more freedom and even more inspiration. To achieve this, Middle East Builders – the best architecture and interior design company in Kochi, has curated a lot of ways here to create a home office that caters to your needs and interests without going overboard. Keep reading to learn how you can embrace minimalism and create calm office space that will motivate you to work more and achieve more!
Steps To Create A Serene Home Office
- Declutter: The first step to create a calm home office is to declutter your space. Remove every item from your room that doesn’t hold any purpose. You can obviously store them somewhere else where they are needed more.
- Collect: This is one of the most exciting sections in designing a room. Make a list of all the items that you would need to create a perfectly functional home office. For example, an ergonomic chair, storage bins, noise-cancelling headphones, clock, desk, cabin etc.
- Organise: After you have all the things required for your home office, the next step is to organise them in a pleasing way, so that every object in the room feels functional and purposeful.
Your home office needs items and supplies that will help you stay comfortable and focussed in your work. Therefore, including functional items in your space is one of the key elements of designing a productive office space, so you won’t run here and there searching for things you need.
- Natural sunlight from windows is the best thing to incorporate into your room. Allowing sunshine into your room will not only help you to get your daily dose of vitamin D but also to brighten up your mood and to feel more energised. Therefore, always choose a room that has windows.
- Fresh air is essential for a healthy environment. So, make sure your room is nicely ventilated.
- When it comes to choosing colours, try to select cool and subtle shades that help you calm your mind.
- Invest in an ergonomic chair and desk that’s adjustable and comfortable for you.
- Don’t clutter your desk with all your documents and files. Arrange a storage space or a cabinet where you can keep them neat and organised.
- Keep potted plants such as indoor plants that need very little water in your room to circulate oxygen in your space. Greenery can help bring life and positivity to your space.
Decor For Your Home Office
‘Work From Home’ doesn’t have to be boring, and you shouldn’t avoid decorating your office space, thinking it would distract you. A little bit of decor is always good to enhance your mood and to harness positive emotions while working in that closed space all day long. Here is a list of things you could incorporate in your office space to make it lively and energetic.
- Art Pieces: You can place beautiful art pieces on the bare walls to add beauty to your room. It also helps you to be around something you love.
- Rug: Add a bold or soft rug or carpet in your home office to incorporate some exciting colours in your room. It also adds contrast to your calm wall paints.
- Throw Blankets and pillows: If you have a sofa in your room, then accentuate it with colourful throw blankets and cushions to make it cozy and comfortable.
- Whiteboard: With a whiteboard, you can jot down all your to-do tasks in one place, so that they remain in front of your eyes till you complete them. Also, you don’t have to waste papers, and it’s a forever solution for easy and on the spot note-taking.
- Place your desk near the windows, so that you can break the monotony of working inside a closed space, and enjoy the outdoor view.
- Incorporate things that motivate you to work such as inspiring posters, photos of your loved ones, your goals written on the whiteboard, etc.
- Have lamps in your room if there’s not enough lighting. However, don’t make your room extra cozy. ?
Your working space is the space where you spend most of your time. So creating a space that keeps your creative juices flowing and motivates you to work more is essential for you. Keeping it minimal and simple will help you in focussing on the work you do for long hours without getting distracted.
If you need assistance with creating a functional and minimal home office interior, feel free to get in touch.
- September 13, 2021
The kitchen is like the soul of your home, and a beautiful kitchen is definitely a must-have for your perfectly designed interiors. However, unlike the traditional kitchen, modern kitchen interiors are all about new technologies being adopted to make kitchen space more functional and stylish. Year to year, new design ideas are formulated on the …
- May 31, 2021
Home interior design often fails to bring the desired output. We constantly pile up our homes with beautiful elements just to feel something missing. And this happens primarily due to our lack of knowledge in home interior design basics and rules. So, here we thought of introducing you to some of the very popular yet …
- September 15, 2020
Every interior design you do for your home should reflect your personality. For that, it is necessary to know about different interior styles available for you and which works best for you. As there are a ton of different interior design styles in this world, it sometimes becomes a daunting and hectic process to understand …
- August 4, 2020
In these modern times, contemporary styles have affected almost every aspect of our life and it’s valid for the architectures, constructions and home interiors as well. Decorating or designing home interiors in contemporary style doesn’t always have to be minimalist; instead, it can be incorporated with other styles to bring harmony and to make it …
- July 27, 2020
One of the enduring styles that have conquered every aspect of the design field is the traditional designs. We can see them almost everywhere, be it in clothes, architecture or interior design. This style has always successfully passed the test of time. In this modern era, who doesn’t want to have a classic touch to …
- July 8, 2020
Over time with the advancement of technology, there’s something we have left behind – the interaction with the natural world. A major section of people now spends most of their time inside buildings tossing between home and office that we have entirely forgotten the importance of nature in our lives. In this century, it’s nearly …
- May 13, 2019
There are professionals who bring office works back to their homes, and there are business owners who do their tasks every day from home.